Electrical Technician (Fixed Term - 6 months)
Electrical Technician - Fixed Term
We are on the lookout for an experienced Electrical Technician who will be responsible for assembling and installing electrical wiring to support our Inspection Systems team to deliver world-class service and products to Compac customers. This is a six-month fixed term role.
Some of your duties would include (but are not limited to):
- Take responsibility for completeness and quality of electrical projects which meet agreed standards
- Work to specifications (wiring diagrams/electrical drawings) assembling parts or fixing them in position using handheld tools
- Install electrical wiring on Inspection Systems and other specialised equipment as required
- Assist in the writing and editing of assembly and testing procedure documents.
We are looking for an experienced Electrical Technician familiar with recognised global electrical standards of wiring and testing including UL508A, USA NEC and AS/NZ3000.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Two years' minimum experience in electrical/ industrial control panel wiring
- Good understanding of electrical wiring and control circuits - able to understand and identify types of wire, wire crimps, fasteners and their size differences
- Ability to work under pressure and short deadlines
- Understanding of Systems controls.
Compac leads the world in designing integrated post-harvest solutions and services to the global fresh produce industry. We optimize every finished pack leaving our customers' facilities and ensure that every consumer can have healthy and safe produce every time with full visibility across the value chain.
The company's mission is to enable its customers to improve returns, gain operational efficiencies, and ensure a safe food supply via the application of smart, useable technologies. To achieve this Compac operates a number of centers of excellence, regional offices and manufacturing locations within the United States, Australasia, Europe, South America, Asia, and South Africa.
Compac is a TOMRA Group Sorting Company - TOMRA Sorting offers the widest range of food sorting and peeling equipment available in the food industry today. TOMRA supplies optical sorting solutions for a multitude of food applications, for fresh and processed food, from farm to fork.
Why work for us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that is going from strength to strength where you can be proud to work for a company that produces state of the art equipment supplied internationally. We have a great team working in a clean factory based environment.
How to apply:
To apply, send us your CV and cover letter clearly demonstrating the skills we've asked for and reasons why you think you are the right person for the job!
|Posted on||06 Jul 2018|
|Work type(s)||Fixed term full-time|
|More details (document)||2018-02- PD_ Electrical Technician.pdf|