Regional Sales Manager - Mid Atlantic
Regional Sales Manager
New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania
Compac leads the world in designing integrated post-harvest solutions and services to the global fresh produce industry. We optimize every finished pack leaving our customers' facilities and ensure that every consumer can have healthy and safe produce every time with full visibility across the value chain.
The company's mission is to enable its customers to improve returns, gain operational efficiencies, and ensure a safe food supply via the application of smart, useable technologies. To achieve this Compac operates a number of centers of excellence, regional offices and manufacturing locations within the United States, Australasia, Europe, South America, Asia, and South Africa.
Compac is a TOMRA Group Sorting Company - TOMRA Sorting offers the widest range of food sorting and peeling equipment available in the food industry today. TOMRA supplies optical sorting solutions for a multitude of food applications, for fresh and processed food, from farm to fork.
What's in it for you
- Competitive Salary and bonus structure— salary paid every Friday!
- Great benefits—medical, dental, vision,10 days PTO, 401K match up to 4%
- Fun, Supportive, and Collaborative company culture
- Awesome growth opportunity with a successful global high-tech company
- Casual dress everyday with free snacks!
As our Regional Sales Manager, you will be responsible for building strong and lasting partnerships with our key clients and prospective customers in the Northeast region while increasing market share and revenue.
Some of your responsibilities would include (but are not limited to):
- Achievement of sales targets - Quota attainment.
- Identify, build and maintain relationships with all potential customers
- Uncover and engage acquisition and new targeted customers
- Maintain a high level of client satisfaction throughout the lifecycle of the relationship
- Sales Funnel and opportunity growth of new and potential projects including service and upgrade projects.
- Build strong, and lasting relationships at all levels of our current and potential clients producing incremental revenue and increase market share.
- Uncover and close opportunities in various parts of the organization by: cold calling, building new relationships, leveraging existing relationships, coordinating and maximizing selling efficiencies by partnering with complimentary packhouse technology companies.
- Engage clients in high level business value discussions around the value and ROI that Compac packhouse technologies provide.
- Understanding of consultative Sales practices such as "The Challenger Sale" or Miller Heiman.
- Ensure quoting is accurate and achieves agreed margins
- Rigorously use reporting tools (Salesforce, Office 360) as the source and archive for all data, actions, commitments, and tracking of business. Input all required data as customer visits are completed
- Leverage the solution engineer as your technical and educational specialist when engaging our clients, and position the solution engineer as a trusted consultant who has the technical understanding of packhouse design and Compac solutions.
- Understand the complete product range in the Compac group to ensure the best solution can be presented to new and existing customers.
- Collaborate extensively with the Marketing and Product Teams to ensure targeted PR activity within the region promotes the brand position of the company
- Keep up to date and report on new developments and trends in the industry to relevant departments within Compac group.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business or equivalent sales engineering experience
- 5+ years' experience in Field Sales with proven ability to build relationships and effectively sell to senior executives
- Experience using SalesForce or similar reporting tool is highly preferred; experience using Microsoft 365 required
- Understanding of organizational structures of targeted clients.
- Strong cold calling, prospecting, presentation, communication and writing skills.
- Basic understanding of business & financial terms such as Capex, Opex, ROI, ROA, etc.
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate technology and engineering concepts to customers across varying cultures
- Ability to extract key information from various company financial reports such as annual reports, income statements, etc.
- Relentless attitude and desire to win and be a self-starter.
- A team player.
- Self-motivated and highly driven
- Excellent customer relationship building skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to travel when required including internationally (Passport required)
|Posted on||10 Sep 2017|
North AmericaBuffalo, New York (NE), Grand Rapids, Michigan (NE)
|Work type(s)||Permanent full-time, USA- Full time|
|More details (document)||Regional Sales Manager Job Description - Mid-Atlantic - Simard.docx|