Field Service Representative - Grand Rapids, Michigan
Field Service Representative
Grand Rapids, MI
We need a Field Service Representative to take CompacSort to the next level! This role is responsible for the installation and service of company products to include providing service and troubleshooting support on machinery in the field. You will be performing routine and/or emergency breakdown mechanical/electrical service and assist with new machine installations. You will also be providing training of customer operation and maintenance personnel. As our Field Service Representative, you pride yourself on superior customer service where customer satisfaction is at the top of your list, so if you are an experienced Field Service Representative, we need your expertise!
Compac leads the world in designing integrated post-harvest solutions and services to the global fresh produce industry. We optimize every finished pack leaving our customers' facilities and ensure that every consumer can have healthy and safe produce every time with full visibility across the value chain.
The company's mission is to enable its customers to improve returns, gain operational efficiencies, and ensure a safe food supply via the application of smart, useable technologies. To achieve this Compac operates a number of centers of excellence, regional offices and manufacturing locations within the United States, Australasia, Europe, South America, Asia, and South Africa.
Compac is a TOMRA Group Sorting Company - TOMRA Sorting offers the widest range of food sorting and peeling equipment available in the food industry today. TOMRA supplies optical sorting solutions for a multitude of food applications, for fresh and processed food, from farm to fork.
What's in it for you
- Competitive Salary—paid every Friday!
- Great benefits—medical, dental, vision,10 days PTO, 401K match up to 4%
- Fun, Supportive, and Collaborative company culture
- Awesome growth opportunity with a successful global high-tech company
- Casual dress everyday with free snacks
You will be responsible for superior customer service to our customers while installing and servicing of company products to include providing service and troubleshooting support on machinery in the field. You will be performing routine and/or emergency breakdown mechanical/electrical service and assist with new machine installations. You will also be providing training of customer operation and maintenance personnel.
Some of your duties would include (but are not limited to):
- Work from assembly drawings, wiring diagrams, machine manuals, technical procedures and specifications to assist with new machine installation and upgrade as required; assist with installations of various sections and complete machines and adjustments as necessary to ensure proper operation.
- Assist with set up and operate machinery to produce customer's product, instruct operators in set-up and operating procedures; provide technical and practical answers to customer's questions or problems.
- Assist in performing routine and/or emergency breakdown mechanical/electrical service on company equipment; determine root cause of trouble; prepare report of findings and solutions to problem.
- Act as liaison between customer and company; maintain positive relationships with customers
- Prepare and submit reports as required
- Maintain a clean, orderly and safe working environment.
We're looking for top Field Service Representatives who pride themselves on great customer service and electro-mechanical technical skills. Being passionate about delivering exceptional customer service to all internal and external customers will come naturally to you.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent formal training or job experience in Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering or Engineering Technology certificate from an accredited school is required
- A positive attitude with a strong customer service mindset
- Experience in troubleshooting electrical and mechanical equipment
- Experience in servo motor controls is preferred; experience with packaging and/or printing machinery is a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required
- Requires substantial lifting, climbing, twisting, kneeling, etc.
- Local travel required up to 75-80%; Passport required - may need to travel internationally on occasion.
- Frequent travel in the region.
- Good driving records are required.
|Posted on||09 May 2018|
North AmericaGrand Rapids, Michigan (NE)
|Expertise||Services, Technicians, Sales Engineering|
|Work type(s)||USA- Full time|
|More details (document)||Field Service Representative Job Description (1).docx|