Mechanical Designer - AutoCAD 3D
Mechanical Designer - AutoCAD 3D Drafter/Designer
Job Description We are seeking a creative problem-solver to design and develop complex electronic equipment, using AutoCAD Inventor. The AutoCAD 3D Drafter/Designer creates complex designs from manufacturing and factory systems design. In this role, you will be responsible for working closely with Mechanical Engineers to produce complex mechanical designs ensuring that manufacturability is maintained in each design.
- Assist Lead Engineer with product definitions and specifications.
- Participate in mechanical product design including development of product specification, material selection, CAD design, and detailed product drawings.
- Design, implement and assist with testing new products/concepts to achieve desired expectations.
- Document designs for product support and efficient development of successive product generations.
- Generates BOMs for new products and/or sub-assemblies or options.
- Interface effectively when required with marketing and customers to ensure implementation success.
- Interface with other company departments to ensure effective communications of new product development and continuing engineering activities.
- Identify opportunities for product improvements and/or cost reductions.
- Proficient in design and disciplined as far as practicing drafting standards.
- Test and evaluates equipment to recommend design improvements.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
- Associates degree (AAS) in CAD or two years technical school in mechanical design (AAS preferred) or commensurate applicable experience
- Entry Level Associate degree in Mechanical Design or BS Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of product design experience in the manufacturing of consumer goods.
- A working knowledge of or demonstrated interest in gaining knowledge of ASME Y14.100M: Engineering Drawing Practice and ASME14.5: Dimensioning and Tolerance
- Strong communication skills
- Math skills including addition, subtraction, decimals and fractions sufficient for dimensioning
- Good organizational skills, self-motivated, creative, attention to detail, the ability to multitask, and a willingness to learn
- Proven experience with Inventor/AutoCad or other CAD packages.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Office products (Excel and Word), AutoCAD Design Suite (Inventor), and SolidWorks (a plus)
- Must have ability to interpret specifications, recommend design improvements, and execute process improvements.
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem solving, organizational, training, and PC skills are required.
- Must work effectively under pressure, be highly motivated, exercise good judgment, and maintain confidentiality.
- Minimal travel required with limited notice to identify and assist with field equipment problems or other related engineering activities.
|Posted on||10 Oct 2018|
|Closes on||01 Dec 2018 12:00|
North AmericaOrange Country, California (SW)
|Expertise||Engineering, Mechanical, Software, Electrical, Electronic, Mechatronic|
|Work type(s)||Permanent full-time|
|More details (document)||Mechanical Designer Job Description - Paradiang.docx|