Field Service Representative - Technical: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Field Service Representative - Technical
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Compac leads the world in designing integrated post-harvest solutions and services to the global fresh produce industry. We optimize every finished pack leaving our customers' facilities and ensure that every consumer can have healthy and safe produce every time with full visibility across the value chain.
The company's mission is to enable its customers to improve returns, gain operational efficiencies, and ensure a safe food supply via the application of smart, useable technologies. To achieve this Compac operates a number of centers of excellence, regional offices and manufacturing locations within the United States, Australasia, Europe, South America, Asia, and South Africa.
Compac is a TOMRA Group Sorting Company - TOMRA Sorting offers the widest range of food sorting and peeling equipment available in the food industry today. TOMRA supplies optical sorting solutions for a multitude of food applications, for fresh and processed food, from farm to fork.
As our Technical Field Service Representative, you will contribute to electrical assembly to meet supply demands in assembling and installing equipment while ensuring that our global brand is maintained and we surpass our customer expectations at all times.
What's in It for You
- Competitive Salary—paid once a week on Friday! 😊
- Great benefits—medical, dental, vision,10 days PTO, 401K match up to 4%
- Fun, Supportive, and Collaborative company culture
- Awesome growth opportunity with a successful global high-tech company
- Casual dress everyday with free snacks
What you'll be doing
- PC Build/Repair/Diagnostic testing
- Install software on PCs
- Work to specifications, assembling parts or fixing them in position using handheld tools ensuring all tasks meet or exceed recognized global electrical standards of wiring and testing (e.g. USA, Great Britain, Canada)
- Confidently read and assemble to wiring diagrams
- Identification of part numbers and common electrical/electronic components
- Correct identification of wire types, wire crimps
- Wire measure, cutting, stripping and crimping
- Mechanical assembly using fasteners like screws, nuts, rivets
- Electronic assembly including PCB mounting
- Electronic assembly programming, micro burning and testing
- Wire soldering onto connectors
- Termination of wires into screw & cage clamp terminals Loom inspection - capable of identifying quality of physical loom assembly, soldiering and crimping
- Manual loom testing using multimeter and automatically using computerized cable tester
- Work collaboratively with Engineers or R&D to improve work instructions and assist in the writing and editing of "build as" assembly and testing procedure documents
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement activities
- Ensure your use of company tools and equipment is done correctly and are maintained to a level to prevent unnecessary or premature deterioration
- Become an expert in Compac systems and equipment
- Ensure project items are packed in a way that minimizes any likelihood of damage and are complete
- Share customer feedback and insights with project management and the wider team
- Identify opportunities to surpass customer expectation during visits and onsite activity by providing service that goes above and beyond the initial customer request
- Ensure that all tasks are carried out in a manner that minimizes potential harm to yourself and others
- Comply with all Compac Health and Safety procedures and ensure all tasks are carried out in a manner that minimizes potential harm to yourself or others
- Maintain a clean and orderly workplace, adhering to all standards, regulations and customer site requirements
- beSafe: Take personal responsibility for abiding with and adhering to all Health and Safety rules, requirements and obligations
- Adhere to hours of work and provide accurate timekeeping records as required
- Carry out all tasks as requested of your Project Foreperson/Supervisor, or Team Leader.
- 2+ years' experience PC Building/Repairing/Diagnostic testing
- 2+ years' experience installing software on PCs
- Diploma or Bachelor's degree in Engineering (Electronic/Electrical) or electronics trade certification or a minimum of 5 years' technical experience is preferred
- Understanding of electronics/electrical assembly and wiring
- Relevant industry experience in a related field.
- Excellent customer service skills with external and internal customers
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures or governmental regulations
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and short deadlines
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Able to perform frequent bending, kneeling and standing, and work in confined spaces
- Lifting of up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to distinguish between the full range of colors in the color spectrum
- No major food allergies that would impede on the job requirements
- Ability to work in Food processing plants, farms, cold storage facilities, and outside in high/low temperatures.
Travel and driving
- Extensive domestic and international travel, with up to 80 %
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid passport
- Ability to drive for long distances
- Ability to drive without restrictions.
|Posted on||08 Aug 2018|
|Closes on||30 Dec 2018 08:00|
North AmericaGrand Rapids, Michigan (NE)
|Work type(s)||USA- Full time|
|More details (document)||Field Service Representative Job Description.docx|