Mechanical Design Engineer (12 month fixed term)
We are on the lookout for a knockout Mechanical Design Engineer to produce complex mechanical designs for our product lines and provide technical knowledge and expertise to ensure our solutions are fit for purpose, market relevant and meet our customer's needs.
This is a great opportunity to join an award-winning organisation where opportunities for personal and professional development are bountiful.
Some of your duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Working with our product development team to create new products and features
- Producing complex detailed designs and specifications aligned to Compac's global product guidelines and engineering standards
- Designing and implementing comprehensive testing plans to assess and improve product developments
- Identifying and managing mechanical-related risks so that effect on functionality, costs or delivery is minimised
- Indicate time and cost accurately to Project Manager and Team Leader
- Participating in technical reviews
- Technical documentation and reporting
- Advising sales, operations, project and service managers on ways to improve efficiency and quality.
We are looking for pragmatic, enthusiastic and talented Mechanical Design Engineers who are happy to hit the ground running and make this role their own. Having a strong voice and pride in producing quality results will come naturally to you.
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- Solid understanding of mechanical engineering development; materials, manufacturing processes and systems
- Cross functional engineering knowledge; ability to interpret electronic, software and electrical designs and understand electrical and mechanical control systems
- 5+ years' experience in a technical engineering function
- Proficiency in Solidworks or an equivalent design package
Compac leads the world in designing integrated post-harvest solutions and services to the global fresh produce industry. We optimize every finished pack leaving our customers' facilities and ensure that every consumer can have healthy and safe produce every time with full visibility across the value chain.
The company's mission is to enable its customers to improve returns, gain operational efficiencies, and ensure a safe food supply via the application of smart, useable technologies. To achieve this Compac operates a number of centers of excellence, regional offices and manufacturing locations within the United States, Australasia, Europe, South America, Asia, and South Africa.
Compac is a TOMRA Group Sorting Company - TOMRA Sorting offers the widest range of food sorting and peeling equipment available in the food industry today. TOMRA supplies optical sorting solutions for a multitude of food applications, for fresh and processed food, from farm to fork.
Why work for us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that is going from strength to strength where you can be proud to work for a company that produces state of the art equipment supplied internationally.
How to apply:
To apply, send us your CV and cover letter clearly demonstrating the skills we've asked for and reasons why you think you are the right person for the job!
|Posted on||13 Sep 2018|
|Work type(s)||Fixed term full-time|
|More details (document)||2018-09- Mechanical Design Engineer - Intermediate.pdf|