Field Service Technician
We are on the lookout for a standout Field Service Technician who will be responsible for delivering high quality technical support to our customers. This is a dynamic and hands on role that will suit someone that enjoys ownership, diversity and autonomy. If you relish a challenge and pride yourself on quick-fire fault finding and successful problem solving, this is the opportunity for you. It will allow you to build trust and respect through your natural communication style and delivery of quality service and innovative solutions.
You'll have the opportunity to become the key contact for our customers by developing your expertise in our hi-tech systems and equipment - from detailed in-house designed software to our electronic equipment. Based in Western Australia, with the support of the whole Australian team, you'll enjoy the diversity of tasks, including:
- Remedial service; preseason service, post season audits of all Compac and peripheral equipment in the region.
- Installation, commission and training operators for new installations and upgrades of our equipment.
- Scheduled customer visitations around a prescribed timetable.
- Providing market intelligence to our development teams.
- Spare part provision and management for the region.
The position primarily will be to support the Western Australian region but you will be expected to support other regions across Australia as and when required and there may be a component of international travel for training and installation.
We are looking for agile, enthusiastic and talented technicians who are happy to roll up their sleeves and get the job completed on time. Attention to detail and a pride in producing quality results will come naturally to you.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- IT, Electronic or Electrical qualifications would be a requirement.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven software and electronic abilities with an aptitude for mechanical work.
- Buckets of initiative and be a self-starter.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to think outside the square, sometimes in an unfamiliar environment.
Compac leads the world in designing integrated post-harvest solutions and services to the global fresh produce industry. We optimize every finished pack leaving our customers' facilities and ensure that every consumer can have healthy and safe produce every time with full visibility across the value chain.
The company's mission is to enable its customers to improve returns, gain operational efficiencies, and ensure a safe food supply via the application of smart, useable technologies. To achieve this Compac operates a number of centers of excellence, regional offices and manufacturing locations within the United States, Australasia, Europe, South America, Asia, and South Africa.
Compac is a TOMRA Group Sorting Company - TOMRA Sorting offers the widest range of food sorting and peeling equipment available in the food industry today. TOMRA supplies optical sorting solutions for a multitude of food applications, for fresh and processed food, from farm to fork.
Why work for us?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that is going from strength to strength where you can be proud to work for a company that produces state of the art equipment supplied internationally.
How to apply:
To apply, send us your CV and cover letter clearly demonstrating the skills we've asked for and reasons why you think you are the right person for the job!
|Posted on||23 Mar 2018|
|Work type(s)||Permanent full-time|
|More details (document)|