Applications Engineer - Visalia, CA
We need an experienced Applications Engineer to help take Compac to the next level! As our Applications Engineer you will be providing your expertise in operating, gathering requirements, and validating our Spectrim fruit grading technology in the field to help in the creation of our next generation of products.
Compac leads the world in designing integrated post-harvest solutions and services to the global fresh produce industry. We optimize every finished pack leaving our customers' facilities and ensure that every consumer can have healthy and safe produce every time with full visibility across the value chain.
The company's mission is to enable its customers to improve returns, gain operational efficiencies, and ensure a safe food supply via the application of smart, useable technologies. To achieve this Compac operates a number of centers of excellence, regional offices and manufacturing locations within the United States, Australasia, Europe, South America, Asia, and South Africa.
Compac is a TOMRA Group Sorting Company - TOMRA Sorting offers the widest range of food sorting and peeling equipment available in the food industry today. TOMRA supplies optical sorting solutions for a multitude of food applications for fresh and processed food from farm to fork.
What's in it for you
- Competitive Salary—paid every Friday!
- Great benefits—medical, dental, vision,10 days PTO, 401K match up to 4%
- Fun, Supportive, and Collaborative company culture
- Awesome growth opportunity with a successful global high-tech company
- Casual dress everyday with free snacks!
- Become an expert in operating Compac technology with unfamiliar fruit types and new/untested features
- Assist by communicating, coordinating, participating in and facilitating the R&D team to perform experiments, collect and analyse data in-house and from the field
- Accurately determine the performance of current and new products, as well as the state and efficiency of equipment and operations at customer sites
- Provide clear reports and documentation that quantify and validate the different features and capabilities of the Inspection System products
- Understand and articulate how maximum value can be achieved by customers from our technology
- Travel nationally and internationally as and when required for up to 40% of the year (primarily in NZ, Australia, USA and South America) including medium-term placements in-region
- Make regular visits to Compac headquarters in Auckland
- Work directly with selected customer partners to improve our products within their businesses for mutual gain
- Listen, understand and convey customer requirements, identify customer's needs and pass these to product management to build new product requirements
- Assist with the gathering market intelligence and monitor competitors' strategies and products
- Assist in running demonstrations of our equipment's capabilities to potential customers
- Resolve customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives.
- To advise sales, project and service managers on ways to improve efficiency and quality
- As part of the engineering team, provide direct feedback on field issues with design and quality
- To make recommendations on process improvements.
- To make recommendations on data gathering, analysis, and presentation improvements
- 3 - 5 years' experience in industry-specific systems and solutions:
- Industrial processes are required--e.g. food/other processing plant experience is required that isn't just factory/assembly line
- Engineer with customer-facing troubleshooting and installing experience for food and/or other processing equipment.
- Smart with the ability to quickly understand and clearly communicate technical concepts
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Strong customer focus with excellent customer service and communication skills
- Strong computer skills - especially Microsoft Word and Excel
- Familiarity using software systems to drive industry operations
- Experience in processing and visualization of data
- Experience and proficiency with database technology and SQL
- Experience with programming languages such as Python and R
- Experience with data analytics tools such as MatLab, PowerBI or Excel
- Experience in Packhouse and Packing line operations is a plus
|Posted on||19 May 2018|
North AmericaVisalia, California (SW)
|Expertise||Engineering, Mechanical, Software, Electrical, Electronic, Mechatronic|
|Job level(s)||Graduate, Experienced|
|Work type(s)||USA- Full time|
|More details (document)||Applications Engineer Job Description - Final.docx|