Field Service Representative - Mechanical - Visalia , CA
Field Service Representative - Mechanical
Compac leads the world in designing integrated post-harvest solutions and services to the global fresh produce industry. We optimize every finished pack leaving our customers' facilities and ensure that every consumer can have healthy and safe produce every time with full visibility across the value chain.
The company's mission is to enable its customers to improve returns, gain operational efficiencies, and ensure a safe food supply via the application of smart, useable technologies. To achieve this Compac operates a number of centers of excellence, regional offices and manufacturing locations within the United States, Australasia, Europe, South America, Asia, and South Africa.
Compac is a TOMRA Group Sorting Company - TOMRA Sorting offers the widest range of food sorting and peeling equipment available in the food industry today. TOMRA supplies optical sorting solutions for a multitude of food applications, for fresh and processed food, from farm to fork.
As our Mechanical Field Service Representative you will contribute to the mechanical production team, assembling and installing equipment while ensuring that our global brand is maintained and we surpass our customer expectations at all times.
What's in It for You
- Competitive Salary—paid once a week on Friday! 😊
- Great benefits—medical, dental, vision,10 days PTO, 401K match up to 4%
- Fun, Supportive, and Collaborative company culture
- Awesome growth opportunity with a successful global high-tech company
- Casual dress everyday with free snacks
What you'll be doing
- Carry out mechanical assembly of special purpose machinery on site doing installations
- Maintain the highest level of mechanical service quality at all times
- Work to specifications, assembling parts or fixing them in position using handheld tools ensuring all tasks meet or exceed global standards of assembly
- Adhere to drawings, plans and work instructions provided
- Analyze mechanical problems and coordinate with Project Leader or Manager to source the necessary parts while ensuring the integration of any solution is cost effective and in line with customer expectations as required
- Become an expert in Compac systems and equipment
- Assist with the successful installation, commissioning and customer training requirements where required (within expertise) of projects
- Ensure project items are packed in a way that minimizes any likelihood of damage and are complete
- Work collaboratively with Engineers or R&D to improve work instructions and assist in the writing and editing of "as built" assembly procedure documents
- Share customer feedback and insights with project management and the wider team
- Identify opportunities to surpass customer expectation during visits and onsite activity by providing service that goes above and beyond the initial customer request
- Comply with all Compac Health and Safety procedures and ensure all tasks are carried out in a manner that minimizes potential harm to yourself or others
- Maintain a clean and orderly workplace, adhering to all standards, regulations and customer site requirements
- Take personal responsibility for abiding with and adhering to all Health and Safety rules, requirements and obligations
- Adhere to hours of work and provide accurate timekeeping records as required •
- Carry out all tasks as requested by Project Foreperson/Supervisor, or Team Leader.
- A Bachelor's degree in electrical, electronic, mechanical, mechatronics, sustainable manufacturing, industrial engineering, or trade certification is preferred or relevant industry experience in a related field.
- 2+ years' experience of mechanical applications
- 2+ years' experience of industrial welding required
- Excellent customer service skills with external and internal customers
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures or governmental regulations
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public
- Sound Microsoft and PC knowledge and skills
- Mechanical and electronic aptitude
- Ability to solve practical problems.
- Able to perform frequent bending, kneeling and standing and work in confined spaces
- Lifting of up to 80 lbs.
- Ability to distinguish between the full range of colors in the color spectrum
- Ability to work in Food processing plants, farms, cold storage facilities, and outside in high/low temperatures.
Travel and driving
- Extensive domestic and international travel, with up to 80 %
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid passport
- Ability to drive for long distances
- Ability to drive without restrictions.
|Posted on||04 Aug 2018|
|Closes on||31 Oct 2018 08:00|
North AmericaVisalia, California (SW)
|Expertise||Services, Technicians, Sales Engineering, Project Management, Technical Training|
|Job level(s)||Graduate, Experienced|
|Work type(s)||USA- Full time|
|More details (document)||Mech FSR Job Description - Visalia or Irvine.docx|