Solutions Engineer - Irvine
Irvine, CA or Visalia, CA
Compac leads the world in designing integrated post-harvest solutions and services to the global fresh produce industry. We optimize every finished pack leaving our customers' facilities and ensure that every consumer can have healthy and safe produce every time with full visibility across the value chain.
The company's mission is to enable its customers to improve returns, gain operational efficiencies, and ensure a safe food supply via the application of smart, useable technologies. To achieve this Compac operates a number of centers of excellence, regional offices and manufacturing locations within the United States, Australasia, Europe, South America, Asia, and South Africa.
Compac is a TOMRA Group Sorting Company - TOMRA Sorting offers the widest range of food sorting and peeling equipment available in the food industry today. TOMRA supplies optical sorting solutions for a multitude of food applications, for fresh and processed food, from farm to fork.
The Solutions/Sales Engineer will provide world-class service to our customers through the provision of impeccable sales engineering solutions. Our sales engineering team is as passionate about our customers as they are with our products and end-to-end solutions. We are deeply committed to ensuring that our products, service, and customer and technical support assist in protecting and enhancing our customers' brands.
As our Sales Engineer, you will engage with our customers directly along with our Sales team on various projects. This includes providing layouts and designs for fruit handling and packing solutions that are fit for purpose, market relevant, profitable and meet our customer's needs.
What's in It for You
- Competitive Salary—paid once a week on Friday! 😊
- Great benefits—medical, dental, vision,10 days PTO, 401K match up to 4%
- Fun, Supportive, and Collaborative company culture
- Awesome growth opportunity with a successful global high-tech company
What you'll be doing
- Candidate shall manage the assigned design Capital budgets for customer Projects in the produce industry with emphasis on functional performance, systems design, project cost, availability and reliability within the specified deadline.
- Participate in the sales, development and evaluation of Systems Design in process facility for customers.
- Support Sales efforts as the technical arm in providing optimal solutions to customers in the produce industry.
- Write specifications and technical analysis reports necessary to study and produce systems design concepts.
- Perform design reviews with cross functional teams.
- Perform conceptualization, layout, detailed design and assemblies in 2D AutoCAD & 3DSolidworks.
- Create Technical Data Package (TPD) for production of the Systems Layout designs.
- Create test plan, perform tests and document test results for existing process facility.
- Diagnose systems process, machine efficiencies and determine root causes and corrective actions.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent engineering industry experience in automation or equipment
- 2D drafting/design tools especially AutoCAD/SolidWorks; 3D drafting/design tools experience is a plus.
- Experience into large scale assembly extensions of these drafting tools such as AutoCAD Factory Design Suites.
- Use of other software packages such as Lightwave, Maya, Photoshop, and software programming platforms.
- Proficient in ERP - LN, SAP, or Microsoft Dynamics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
|Posted on||09 Oct 2018|
|Closes on||30 Dec 2018 12:00|
North AmericaOrange Country, California (SW), Visalia, California (SW)
|Expertise||Engineering, Mechanical, Software, Electrical, Electronic, Mechatronic|
|Work type(s)||USA- Full time|
|More details (document)||Solutions Engineer Job Description - Irvine - Paradiang.docx|